09 January 2009

The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge by Hildegarde H. Swift

The story of a little red lighthouse who guides the ships on the Hudson River in New York and learns that everyone is important no matter the size.

I saw this book out of the corner of my eye at the library and without opening it remembered the story and illustrations all from the cover! I hadn't thought of this book in years. It is a great story with a great lesson and I really felt that I understood what the lighthouse was feeling. The illustrations were perfect! I loved the face on the ships and lighthouse. Humanizing the characters so the story rings true.

Swift, H. (2002). The little red lighthouse and the great gray bridge. San Diego: CA, Harcourt, Inc.
ISBN: 0152045716
Illustrated by Lynd Ward.

No comments: