30 March 2009

The Body of Christopher Creed by Carol Plum-Ucci

I had hoped that a new start away from Steepleton would make my junior year seem like a hundred years ago, rather than just one.
Torey Adams's perfect world is shaken when Christopher Creed disappears and his peers express little compassion. Torey is determined to find Christopher joining forces with two class mates that open his eyes to the less than perfect world of Steepleton. Bullying, cliques, self-acceptance, superficiality and judgment are found within the story.

I found the mystery fascinating and the dialogue true to teenagers. I was touched by the portrayal of Christopher Creed - haven't we all known a Christopher Creed? I couldn't put the book down until I finished.

Plum-Ucci, C. (2000). The body of christopher creed. San Diego, CA: Harcourt, Inc.
ISBN: 0152023887
248 pages

No comments: