30 March 2009

Twilight: A Novel by Stephanie Meyer

I'd never given much thought to how I would die - though I'd had reason enough in the last few months - but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.
Seventeen year old Bella moves to Washington and falls in love with her lab partner, Edward, a mysterious boy who turns out to be a vampire. Their courtship is interrupted when a "hunter" vampire goes after Bella and Edward and his family fight back.

I read numerous reviews prior which concluded the book was poorly written and dragged in places. With that in mind, I began reading the book. I would agree the writing is not as good as Chris Crutcher's novels. However, I found the story so compelling that I completely forgot about the writing, slow pacing, etc. I read it in one cold afternoon and closed the book wanting to read more. The author has captured that undefinable characteristic of a best seller.

Meyer, S. (2008). Twilight: A novel. New York, NY: Little, Brown and Company.
ISBN: 0316038377
498 pages

No comments: