30 March 2009

Nineteen Varieties of Gazelle by Naomi Shibab Nye

Three hours after the buildings feel, he took a seat beside me.
A collection of poems about being an Arab American, the Middle East and family. The collection was inspired by the events of September 11, 2001.

I am the least qualified person to talk about poetry. I have spent very little time reading any poetry except Robert Frost. And I only read his works because he was assigned as "my poet" in fifth grade to report on. I admire poets because they are deliberate in choosing words and evoke visions and emotions with these few words. I have been inspired while working on this contract to read more poetry. I

I enjoyed these poems and will purchase the book to read them over again. I believe this book would be appropriate for all ages.

Nye, N. S. (2002). Nineteen varieties of gazelle. New York, NY: Green Willow Books.
ISBN: 0060097655
160 pages

No comments: